Friday, September 30, 2011

All Right, Hand Over The Chocolate!

According to CNN.com, "researchers have found that eating chocolate, the number one food craved by American women, causes the brain to release endorphins, chemicals that make us feel good."  That's all the evidence I need to help me to understand why if you polled every woman you know or ever knew, you would discover that a majority of them have a stash of chocolate somewhere or know someone who does and is willing to share.

For a reasons too many to mention, today was a chocolate day.  With a day-long program development meeting and a service event to follow, the yummy treat that got passed around soon after lunch was met with a collective "sigh" expressed by the men as well as the women around the table.  Soon after I could feel the tension ease and my brain begin to go into hibernate mode as the clock ticked the minutes away.

But, like any good thing, the after effects are not nearly as welcomed as the initial outcome.  After the intitial sense of well being and calm, I am left with this burning desire to sit on the couch with a comfy blanket and a good movie and little else. 

I am sure there is a science behind that as well but for right now, a simple love story will suffice.

So to this Mama says  . . . hand over the chocolate, then give me hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment