Thursday, September 29, 2011

The GNO (Girls Night Out): When Only the Company of a Girlfriend Will Do

As a Mom and as a professional I cross the paths of other women everyday.  We meet in the grocery store, at the office, in the classroom and at the gas station.  But I often find that even with all of this human contact, nothing beats the chance to sit on a comfy couch and hang out with my girlfriends.  Sadly, those moments are few and far between.  Responsibilities of work, home and family (and sometimes just plain exhaustion) often keep us from spending some quality time from the people who really "get" us.

This week, I took the plunge and met two of my favorite girlfriends for lunch.  Now, come on people, I can hear you gasping from here.  Yes, you read it right, not only did I actually have lunch, I shared it with friends.  In the middle of the work week no less!

Just an hour.  But what  a powerful hour it was.  We talked about our kids, our jobs and made plans for the future.  It was invigorating. 

With my batteries recharged, I got into  my car when then that power hour was over and smiled with a new sense of purpose.  Nothing earth shattering - it just felt good to seek the company of my peers.  It satisfied my soul as well as my belly.

To Katie and Judy, Mama says . . . "Thank you. Let's do it again - SOON!"

No comments:

Post a Comment